Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Eye Doctor Update

So we went to the eye doctor this morning per the recommendation & found out that Charlotte is not blind, she is just crooked!! She has Pseudoesotropia, which is a really long word meaning crooked head. The ophthalmologist said she had "excessive head molding" in the womb which has caused the whole left side of her head to be a little off-set (eye & ear). She still has a very flat head, which the doctor immediately noticed & led her to her diagnosis. She said that it should round out with time. Apparently it is not uncommon for even the trained professional to think they are seeing a vision issue when it is really the structure of the face. So I am thankful to say that we still have a happy, healthy (albeit slightly crooked) baby girl with perfect vision!!!

We are off to Disney World for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning. I will post lots of pics as soon as we return!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's crazy - I have never heard of that and you certainly can't tell! Have fun in Disney. I am so jealous!

Amanda Freeman said...

I need more Charlotte updates!!!