We have created a monster (or an obsession with one). Two weekends ago, we took a road trip across the state of Tennessee. In order to survive, we bought a portable DVD player and brought along several Elmo movies that my friend Brooke and her son Cooper very nicely passed down to us. It was a hit of course, but I am afraid that Elmo-mania has officially hit out house. Within that short amount of time, she now asks on a regular basis for "Melmo" & will even go to the extent to bring us the remote or a DVD to speed up the process. Don't get me wrong, it is very fun to watch her enjoy something, and I can really enjoy some of the time it keeps her occupied. But I can also see how this can become a slippery slope to a couch potato life. So for the time being "He who shall not be named" is only allowed at 6am (when we are struggling to wake up) or while I fix dinner. We'll see how this goes.....
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Charlotte's New Addiction
We have created a monster (or an obsession with one). Two weekends ago, we took a road trip across the state of Tennessee. In order to survive, we bought a portable DVD player and brought along several Elmo movies that my friend Brooke and her son Cooper very nicely passed down to us. It was a hit of course, but I am afraid that Elmo-mania has officially hit out house. Within that short amount of time, she now asks on a regular basis for "Melmo" & will even go to the extent to bring us the remote or a DVD to speed up the process. Don't get me wrong, it is very fun to watch her enjoy something, and I can really enjoy some of the time it keeps her occupied. But I can also see how this can become a slippery slope to a couch potato life. So for the time being "He who shall not be named" is only allowed at 6am (when we are struggling to wake up) or while I fix dinner. We'll see how this goes.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment